Effective from Monday 20th October 2014
The Course Management Committee and Head Green Keeper have updated the Winter Policy with the aim of reducing potential damage to the course during the winter months. In order to ensure it remains open whenever possible and is good condition for the start of the summer season we request that all members and visitors:
- Where physically possible carry their golf bags and clubs.
- If this is not possible for a valid reason then use of a lightweight trolley is acceptable (preferably with winter wheels fitted) and a lightweight bag containing a few clubs.
- If neither of the above is possible due to health reasons then the use of a power trolley is allowed (again with winter wheels and light bag) once permission has been obtained from the office.
Unfortunately, last winter many members ignored the above rules and the use of power trolleys and push/pull trolleys became the norm rather than the exception. As a consequence, the impact of the Winter Policy designed to protect the course worked with diminished success, this winter we hope members will help us by carrying their bags instead of using trolleys, which will benefit the condition of the course when the new season starts in spring.
Members please remember the following:
- Follow the signs put out by the Green Staff.
- Keep off wet areas that are roped off and do not take trolleys past white lines.
- Walk around temporary greens and do not take trolleys over them.
- All temporary greens not in play are GUR and relief must be taken.
Chairman of Course Management Committee
12th October 2014